Hawaii Open Data Project
From HawaiiBase - The Hawaii Wiki
The Hawaii Open Data Project is an initiative to make ostensibly public information more freely available. This wiki page serves as a preliminary index of such data. Eventually the various sections should be broken out into separate pages.
City and County of Honolulu
- Employee, Job Title and Salary Information (as of Sept. 30, 2010)
Department of Education
- HSA 2010 School-by-School Reading & Math Proficiency Level Counts & Percents
- Google Docs Spreadsheet
- 2010 Hawaii State Assessment and Preliminary AYP Results (Press Release - July 15, 2010)
Department of Human Resources Development
- 2010 Hawaii State Salary Report
- Note: Requested Aug. 19, 2010, denied Sept. 1, 2010, appealed Sept. 2, 2010. Data provided Sep 23, 2010.
Hawaii State Judiciary
Hawaii State Legislature
House of Representatives
- 2010 Permanent-OM-Support Staff Payroll
- Rules of the House of Representatives (Roles and Duties)
- 2009-10 House Administrative and Financial Manual - Duties, Responsibilities, Minimum Qualifications
- 2009 Commission on Legislative Salary (Pay Schedule)
- 2009-2010 Representatives Salary (Legislator Monthly Salary)
- 2009-10 Senator and Senate Staff Salary
- Administrative and Financial Manual of the Senate (2009-2010)
- PDF - The section on Employee Classification, which begins on page 23 of the document (page 31 of the pdf), describes staff positions.
- 2009 Senate Rules
- PDF - Includes a description of the duties of the Senate officers (Clerk, Asst. Clerk, Sergeant-at-Arms, and Asst. Sergeant-at-Arms (page 3 of the document; page 8 of the pdf).
University of Hawaii
- List of UH Employees and Salaries (UH OHR, Sept. 9, 2010)
- 2010 Annual Report on Salary (HRS 304A-1004) - Source: UH Office of Government Relations
- UH Salaries August 2010
- SlideShare (View Only)
The Doug White Project
Doug White of Poinography has catalogued and published records, memoranda, telephone logs, office visitors, incoming communication and outgoing communication concerning bills passed during the 2009 Regular Legislative Session.
- My UIPA Saga - A detailed account of what it took for White to obtain the records.
- Records show whose comments were solicited during the Governor’s consideration of pending legislation in 2009 - Forms used by the Governor’s Policy Office to keep track of who had been contacted to solicit comments on legislation pending the Governor’s approval or veto.
- Privilege Logs for Acts 1 thru 109 catalogued and uploaded - Privilege logs are where those records withheld by the Governor are described by sender, recipient, type of privilege, etc.
- Privilege Logs for Acts 110 thru 198 catalogued and uploaded
- Privilege logs for vetoed and overridden veto measures are catalogued and uploaded
- Public comments for Acts 1 thru 29 are catalogued and uploaded
- Public comments for Acts 30 thru 128 are catalogued and uploaded
- Public comments for Acts 129 thru 169 are catalogued and uploaded
- Public comments for Acts 170 thru 178 are catalogued and uploaded
- Public comments for Acts 179 thru 189 are catalogued and uploaded
- Public comments for Acts 190 thru 198 are catalogued and uploaded
- Public comments for measures that became law without the Governor’s signature are catalogued and uploaded
- Public Records Not Easy To Come By In Hawaii, by Ben Markus, Hawaii Public Radio - A 3-minute radio story that mentions the project.
- The Document Index - A very large Microsoft Excel spreadsheet where the records received may be sorted by measure, sender, recipient, etc. Also contains a separate database that contains information about each measure that passed the legislature during 2009.
Here's a list of links to helpful resources and authoritative sources of public records in Hawaii.
- Hawaii Campaign Spending Commission
- State Ethics Commission
- State Procurement Office
- State Capitol
- State Courts
- Business Registrations
- Vocational and Professional Licensing
- Consumer complaints about businesses/licensees
- Excise Tax licenses
- Insurance Search
- Bureau of Conveyances
- Honolulu Transparency Portal (CAN-DO)
- Honolulu Property Tax
- Honolulu GIS
- Federal Courts (Pacer) - Account required.
- Justia - Federal court cases filed in Hawaii.
- Securities & Exchange Commission (Edgar)
- Federal Spending
- Federal Contractor Misconduct
- Municipal Bond Statements (EMMA)
- Federal Election Commission
- Union Disclosure/Office of Labor-Management Standards
Public record source links based on a blog post by Ian Lind.
The padlock icons are displayed by the wiki software to indicate that the destination of the link is a HTTPS secure server. Obviously, the documents linked can nonetheless be freely accessed and downloaded.